So you've set up a deal and you're meeting your buyer - we know you might have some concerns over making a safe trade, so here are tips to make sure you and your buyer walk away happy:
Meeting a buyer
- Always meet in person. We'd recommend trading locally for safe deals.
- A buyer who offers you more money to ship your item to them, is usually a scammer, and you can report them to us
- Try to meet in a public place like a shopping mall or petrol station. If someone needs to come to your house to fetch a large item, make sure you have a friend or family member with you
Making the exchange
- As far as possible, only get paid in cash for your item
- If you must accept a bank transfer, make sure you call your bank to check that the funds have cleared before handing over the item
- Never accept a proof of payment sms or email - these are very easy to fake.
We aren’t in any position to handle or facilitate any exchange of money. So, please, be careful when handing over payment.
If you have any questions, you're welcome to contact us