First things first - if you're not seeing your Chats, make sure you're logged into your OLX profile ;)
For reasons that go beyond being logged into your OLX profile, it's usually because you need to clear your cookies.
What are cookies?
Simply put, "cookies" are actually small packets of bits of information also known as data, which gets sent to your browser, like Chrome, from websites you visit. This contains information about your activity on the page which your browser then saves. The type of information typically includes your username and password and site preferences, which gets saved so you don't have to re-enter it every time - cool, right? But, if privacy is what you're after, and the last thing you want is a record of your activity, why not just open an incognito window?
Why should I delete them?
Cookies operate in the background, so they're not likely to cause much trouble, but there are some instances where you'd want to delete them. For example, many times we have to make updates to the files in order for a new feature to be added to the OLX platform. When we change a file that your browser has stored, it's going to keep serving the old version of the file and you won't see our most recent changes - and we don't want that, do we?
So how do I clear my cookies?
It's a very simple process, but the exact steps will depend on the browser you're using. Here are a few links with official step-by-step guides for deleting your cookies:
- Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US
- Opera https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Ultimately, you don't have to put too much thought into how frequently you delete your cookies, because they're a necessary part of browsing the web! However, it does help fix these kinda issues.
And of course, if you still need some extra support, please feel free to contact us